Ventura County Evacuation Shelters
December 15, 2017
City of Ventura
- Ventura County Fairgrounds (Red Cross - Includes an Animal Shelter for all types of animals) – 10 W Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA
City of Oxnard
- Oxnard College Gymnasium - 4000 S. Rose Ave, Oxnard, CA
- In cooperation with government officials, residents of the Oxnard College shelter will transition to alternative shelter locations by noon on Friday, 12/15. We encourage residents to begin their transition now. If you need transportation help getting to a new shelter location, please see the shelter manager.
- Recreational Center (Includes an Animal Shelter for small animals - preferably in crates) 516 Ocean Road, Santa Barbara, CA
City of Santa Paula
The Red Cross Shelter in Santa Paula has been deactivated. A Community Distribution Center will open at the Santa Paula Community Center Tuesday December 12, 2017 – Saturday December 16, 2017 from 9AM-5PM to serve Santa Paula Residents impacted by the Thomas Fire. The City of Santa Paula has partnered with the Salvation Army to provide food, water & other items to local residents in need of assistance.
- Santa Paula Community Center, 530 W Main St. Santa Paula CA
Evacuees with Access & Functional Needs
Residents with Access and Functional Needs are welcome at all Red Cross Shelters. If you have an access or functional need, please advise Red Cross staff when you register.
The American Red Cross in the Central California Region is raising money and providing volunteers in support of Thomas Fire relief and recovery efforts in Ventura County, CA. Our local volunteers were immediately on the ground during the night of December 4, 2017, working into the morning to open three shelters for 600 residents. Red Cross shelters provide for the immediate needs of those evacuated, including a safe place to stay, food (meals, snacks), water, showers, health services, emotional support, information, and other support resources for displaced individuals, families, pets, and livestock. Impacted residents in Ventura County are welcome to stop by during the day for support services, even if they choose to spend the night elsewhere.